WTAMU Announces Reunion Week 2021 Events | KAMR
CANYON, Texas (KAMR / KCIT) – West Texas A&M University has published activities for the Roaring Twenties-themed homecoming festivities from October 2-9, according to a press release from the WT Communications Department.
“The reunion is an incredibly special time for our alumni and the current student body, and we are so happy to be able to host our full list of festivities again this year,” said Ronnie Hall, Executive Director of the WT Alumni Association. “From a full range of student-focused activities to a special series of events for honored alumni, Homecoming 2021 will truly be a roaring good time.”
According to WT, the highlights will include the following:
- The Phoenix 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Oct. 7: These celebrations of the Distinguished WT Alumni Class of 2021 and 2022 will include dinner, followed by jazz and dessert at Legacy Hall at the Jack B. Kelley Student Center. Tickets cost $ 75, while the tables are $ 500 to $ 1,500. The winners are Jerry Don Logan, Claudia Stuart and Bruce Thompson for 2021, and Dr Sally Carmen, Scott Doores, Dr Rickey Harman and David Schaeffer for 2020. An after-party will be held around Buffalo Fountain at the Charles K. Center shopping mall Barbara Kerr Vaughan.
- Reunion golf classic 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Oct. 8: The annual fundraiser will begin with a lunch at 11:30 a.m., followed by a 12:30 p.m. start at Palo Duro Creek Golf Course. Proceeds will go to WT scholarships. Individual registrations are $ 100, while team registrations of four are $ 400.
- 60 years of integration 6:00 p.m. Oct. 8: The banquet, located in Legacy Hall, will celebrate the official integration of the WT campus, starting in 1960 with the arrival of black athletes and other students. Several of these original students or their surviving family members will be honored at the event. Tickets cost $ 30.
- Speakeasy 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Oct. 8: The Alumni Association and the Panhandle-Plains Historical Museum (PPHM) will be hosting a party as part of PPHM’s ongoing Panhandle Prohibition exhibit. Tickets cost $ 25.
- Gold and Diamond Buff Reunion 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. on October 9: Alumni of the classes of 1960, 1961, 1970 and 1971 will be honored in the South Hall on the second floor of Old Main. Tickets cost $ 15.
- Reunion parade from 1:00 p.m. Oct. 9: The 1920s-themed parade will follow a new route from the First United Bank Center to the Sybil B. Harrington Fine Arts Complex along Russell Long Boulevard. Call 806-651-2651 for entry information.
- Countdown to the start of the block party: Tailgating activities will begin immediately after the parade along 26th Street in front of Buffalo Stadium on campus.
- WT Football at 7:00 p.m. Oct. 9: The Buffs will face Angelo State University at Buffalo Stadium. For tickets click here.
Additionally, student activities will include Paint the Town Maroon and Paint My Ride, with students decorating windows and vehicles in the community; a screening of “The Great Gatsby” at 8:00 pm on October 4 at Buffalo Stadium; a chalk art competition; Elections of the king and the queen of the reunion; a dodge ball tournament; and Pigskin Revue; an annual gathering of spirits at 8:00 p.m. on October 8 in The Box.
For a complete list of activities click here.